Get Started at Your USDA Service Center

USDA Service Centers are offices where you can typically meet face-to-face with staff from USDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to discuss your vision, goals, and ways USDA can help. For your convenience, both agencies are usually located in the same Service Center. USDA employs FSA and NRCS staff members in 2,300 offices nationwide to provide dedicated support to our producers.

Find Your Local Service Center

Ver en:

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit

Learn more about our Urban Service Centers.

Visit the Risk Management Agency website to find a regional or compliance office or to find an insurance agent near you.

USDA Service Center Agencies

Farm Service Agency (FSA)

FSA provides disaster assistance, safety net, farm loan, and conservation programs and is the go-to agency for many USDA records. If you’re new to working with USDA, your FSA team member will help you register your farm with a farm number. Depending on what you raise or grow, filing an acreage report each season can ensure you’re eligible for many programs and allows you to vote in county FSA elections.

Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)

NRCS provides financial and technical assistance and easement programs for conservation on working lands. Your NRCS team member will ask about your goals for your land and can help you develop a conservation plan and file an application for the wide range of NRCS programs.

How to Work With Your Service Center

Prepare for Your Visit 

  • Make an appointment. Please call or email your Service Center to set up an appointment to ensure quick service. Our offices can get busy, especially at times around program sign-up and reporting deadlines.
  • Prepare. Ask what documents you will need to help to make the most of your appointment. Examples could include: 
    • Proof of identity: driver’s license or social security card;
    • Copy of the property deed, survey plat, rental or lease agreement of the land;
    • Official tax identification (Social Security number or employer ID) and business documents
  • Think about what questions you have and make a list. Do you have specific areas of your operation you would like guidance on? Do you need help with certain resources? Are you facing any challenges?

During Your Visit

  • Register for a farm number to participate in USDA programs. With a farm number you can apply for FSA farm loans, disaster assistance, and crop insurance as well as for conservation programs through NRCS. You will also be able to elect FSA officials to help prioritize programs in your county. If you purchased land, it might already be established with FSA and have a farm number. You do not have to own property to participate in FSA programs. If your operation is incorporated or an entity, we may need proof of your signature authority and legal ability to sign contracts with USDA.
  • Discuss your business and conservation goals. Your local team members want and need to understand your vision to recommend programs for your operation. For example, are you looking for access to capital, to rebuild after a natural disaster, or to implement conservation efforts?
  • Make a plan to meet conservation compliance provisions and do an environmental review. You'll need to file form AD-1026 to ensure wetland areas and highly erodible lands are not farmed, unless following an NRCS conservation plan. This, and the environmental compliance review, are required for all USDA program eligibility, including disaster assistance.
  • Verify eligibility. For most USDA programs, producers must file a CCC-941 form to verify they do not exceed an adjusted gross income of $900,000.
  • File your program application. We can help you complete the forms.
  • Sign up for email or text updates. This will help you stay informed about program signups or deadlines.

After Your Visit

  1. File your crop acreage reports throughout the year.
  2. Keep in touch with your local office. Let us know if your business changes or you experience a disaster or hardship.
  3. Learn about self-service options. Create a account to manage some of your USDA business independently.

Other USDA Agencies & Extension

Risk Management Agency (RMA)


Using new tools provided by the Farm Bill, RMA is working to reduce crop insurance costs for beginning farmers and ranchers.

Rural Development (RD)


RD provides loans, grants, loan guarantees, and technical assistance, along with support for affordable housing, infrastructure modernization, businesses, cooperatives, and other essential community services.

Cooperative Extension


USDA and agricultural colleges around the country work together to support an extensive network of State, regional, and county Cooperative Extension offices, which can help answer questions you may have about your operation and address common issues faced by agricultural producers.