2017 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program

The 2017 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program (2017 WHIP) provided disaster payments to producers to offset losses from hurricanes, wildfires, and other natural disasters. 2017 WHIP was specifically targeted to losses of crops, trees, bushes, and vines that occurred in the 2017 and 2018 calendar years.

The enrollment period for 2017 WHIP is now closed. Crop producers who suffered quality losses due to natural disasters that occurred in 2018 or 2019 may be eligible for USDA’s new Quality Loss Adjustment (QLA) Program. The deadline to apply for QLA is March 5, 2021. Learn more at farmers.gov/quality-loss

Check Your Application Status

Did you complete a 2017 Wildfire and Hurricanes Indemnity Program application? You can view and track your application through the authenticated farmers.gov portal. 

Visit farmers.gov/sign-in to learn more about the farmers.gov portal and e-authentication.


About 2017 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program

Find Your Local Service Center

We are committed to delivering USDA services to America’s farmers and ranchers while taking safety measures in response to the pandemic. Some USDA offices are beginning to reopen to limited visitors by appointment only. Service Center staff also continue to work with agricultural producers via phone, email, and other digital tools. Learn more at farmers.gov/coronavirus.

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit offices.usda.gov.

Visit the Risk Management Agency website to find a regional or compliance office or to find an insurance agent near you.