is not optimized for this browser. Please use the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, or Safari for the best experience. Dismiss

Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program Plus

The Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program Plus (WHIP+) provides disaster payments to producers to offset losses from hurricanes, wildfires, and other qualifying natural disasters that occurred in the 2018 and 2019 calendar years. WHIP+ covers losses of crops, trees, bushes, and vines that occurred as a result of those disaster events.

WHIP+ also includes new programs for both milk losses due to adverse weather conditions and losses to on-farm stored commodities.

Program Signup

Signup opened in September 2019, and in February 2020, USDA announced some expansions to the program funded through the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2020. The expansions included assistance for:

  • Losses due to excessive moisture and D3 and D4 drought*
  • Sugar beet losses**
  • Quality losses

* Signup opened March 23, 2020 for losses because of excessive moisture and D3 and D4 drought.

** Sugar beet producers who are members of these cooperatives and experienced losses should contact their cooperative for more information.

More information on quality losses will be available in the future. FSA is gathering data and input from producers and stakeholders regarding the extent and types of quality loss nationwide.

Find more information in our February 28, 2020 news release.

Learn more about the program

Find Your Local Service Center

We are committed to delivering USDA services to America’s farmers and ranchers while taking safety measures in response to COVID-19. While employees continue to staff our Service Centers, some are only available for phone appointments at this time. You can learn the status of your service center through this tool. Learn more at

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit

Visit the Risk Management Agency website to find a regional or compliance office or to find an insurance agent near you.

Prepare for Your Visit to the Service Center

Producers who have not participated in a USDA program should contact their local USDA service center to establish farm records. To establish a farm tract number, be sure to bring the following items:

checkbox imageProof of identity such as driver’s license or Social Security number/card
checkbox imageCopy of recorded deed, survey plat, rental, or lease agreement of the land (You do not have to own property to participate in USDA programs.)
checkbox imageArticles of incorporation, estate, or trust documents for entities

For WHIP+ we also recommend that you bring:

checkbox imageVerifiable and reliable production records by crop, type, practice, intended use, and acres if not already on file