The 2018 Farm Bill provides support, certainty, and stability to our nation’s farmers, ranchers, and forest managers by enhancing farm support programs, improving crop insurance, maintaining disaster programs, and promoting and supporting voluntary conservation.
The 2018 Farm Bill, enacted December 20, 2018, builds upon many of the crucial programs that serve America’s agricultural producers. USDA is implementing this new bill, which includes seeking public input on programs and provisions and designing guidelines. In the meantime, programs authorized by the 2014 Farm Bill are available to serve producers now.
The 2018 Farm Bill continued funding for USDA’s major programs that serve you. The new legislation did prescribe changes to some of these programs:
- What’s New with Farm Service Agency Programs (PDF, 111KB)
- What’s New and What Has Changed with Farm Service Agency Programs (PDF, 366KB)
- What’s New with Natural Resources Conservation Service Programs (PDF, 209KB)
- What’s New with Risk Management Agency Programs (PDF, 116KB)
In early 2019, USDA hosted 10 listening sessions to provide an opportunity for producers and USDA stakeholders to share their thoughts about how USDA can streamline and improve program delivery and customer service.
As part of these sessions, USDA hosted a session on February 26, collecting comments on programs administered by the Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and Risk Management Agency. Watch a video below or on YouTube.
USDA staff is working to evaluate your feedback and implement the 2018 Farm Bill. Read our latest news:
- May 16, 2019 USDA Seeks Project Proposals to Protect and Restore Critical Wetlands
- May 15, 2019 USDA Opens Signup for New On-Farm Trials Effort
- May 15, 2019 USDA Reopens Continuous CRP Signup
- May 7, 2019: USDA Announces Dual Use Insurance Coverage for Grain/Graze
- May 7, 2019: USDA Announces March Income over Feed Cost Margin Triggers Third 2019 Dairy Safety Net Payment
- May 6, 2019: USDA Accepting Applications to Help Cover Producers’ Costs for Organic Certification
- May 6, 2019: NRCS Announces Changes to Strengthen Technical Input in Conservation Programs
- May 3, 2019: USDA Announces Repayment Options for Producers with Coverage in Previous Margin Protection Program for Dairy
- April 30, 2019: USDA Announces New Decision Tool for New Dairy Margin Coverage Program
- April 22, 2019: USDA Announces Enhancements to Livestock and Dairy Insurance Programs
- April 18, 2019: USDA Announces February Income over Feed Cost Margin Triggers Second 2019 Dairy Safety Net Payment
- April 12, 2019: Higher Limits Now Available on USDA Farm Loans
- April 8, 2019: USDA Announces Buy-Up Coverage Availability and New Service Fees for Noninsured Crop Coverage Policies
- March 22, 2019: Dairy Producers Previously Enrolled in the Livestock Gross Margin Program Now Eligible for 2018 Margin Protection Program
- March 13, 2019: USDA Outlines Eligibility for 2019 Supplemental Coverage Option Regarding Elections for Agriculture Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage
- March 11, 2019: USDA Seeks Public Comments on Conservation Practice Standards
- March 6, 2019: USDA Announces January Income over Feed Cost Margin Triggers First 2019 Dairy Safety Net Payment
- February 12, 2019: USDA To Host 2018 Farm Bill Implementation Listening Sessions