USDA staff members will be available at all Farm Service Agency offices beginning Jan. 24 to assist producers with many programs and services offered by the agency. Additionally, the limited FSA loan services initially made available at certain FSA county offices beginning January 17 will continue January 22 and 23.
Beginning January 24, available programs and services include:
- Market Facilitation Program
- Marketing Assistance Loans
- Release of collateral warehouse receipts
- Direct and Guaranteed Farm Operating Loans, and Emergency Loans
- Service existing Conservation Reserve Program contracts
- Sugar Price Support Loans
- Dairy Margin Protection Program
- Agricultural Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage
- Livestock Forage Disaster
- Emergency Assistance Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish Program
- Livestock Indemnity Program
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program
- Tree Assistance Program
Visit FSA’s shutdown webpage to learn more about which programs are available for assistance.
FSA offices will be open Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., during these dates: January 24 through January 25, January 28 through February 1, and February 4 through February 8. In subsequent weeks, offices will be open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. three days a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Additionally, USDA extended the deadline for the Market Facilitation Program, or MFP, to February 14. Learn more on MFP.
Meanwhile, Natural Resources Conservation Service offices are fully operational and have been since the partial government shutdown.